Business Closed

Actions to Take

If a business is no longer operating in Shelby County, all of the following steps must be taken:

  • Contact the County Assessor at (901) 222-7001, as to the disposition of the equipment, so your account can be removed from the next tax year.
  • Contact the County Clerk’s office at (901) 222-3000 to ensure that the business license (for those businesses requiring one) has been canceled.
  • Contact the County Trustee at (901) 222-0200 concerning your tax liability.