Tax Sale Research
For a property included in a tax sale, a description of the property can be obtained by referencing the legal description on the last known deed of transfer. Plat maps showing the approximate dimensions and general geographical location of the property are available in the Assessor's Office located at 1075 Mullins Station Road, Memphis, TN 38134. The property location, address and/or picture are not part of the legal description and should not be relied upon as a representation of the property.
Warning - Research Before You Invest
- No warranty regarding the current, future, or potential use and/or condition of the property is made by the Shelby County Trustee, the City of Memphis, or Chancery Court. These entities do not assume any responsibility for conformance to codes, permits or zoning ordinances.
- Property should be inspected and researched prior to purchase.
- It is recommended that bidders consult with the Zoning Department of any city within which a particular parcel lies or the Zoning Section of the County Planning Department for a parcel in an unincorporated area.
- It is also recommended that bidders consult with the City of Memphis-Shelby County Code Enforcement office to identify pending condemnation or demolition actions.
- Surveys may be done at the purchaser's own initiative and expense.
- The County assumes no liability for any other possible liens, encumbrances or easements, recorded or not recorded. If the IRS holds a lien on property sold at Public Auction, the United States has the right of redemption for 120 days from the date of the sale (28 U.S.C. § (b)).