Do I Qualify for Tax Freeze?

  • Are you 65 or older?
  • Do you own and live in a home in Shelby County that is your primary residence?
  • Is the total income for you, your spouse, and all parties listed on your property deed less than $43,980 for 2022?

Legislation requires the income of the applicant’s spouse to be included, regardless of ownership and regardless of whether or not the spouse is living on the property.

You may be eligible for Tax Freeze in 2023 if you answered “yes” to ALL.

**If you are a new applicant this year, the Tax Freeze Program will freeze your 2024 taxes based on the property tax amount for 2023.


Applications may be obtained by calling Trustee Customer Service at (901) 222-0200. Signed applications must be postmarked no later than April 5, 2024. Please provide a copy of your last tax return or contact our office at (901) 222-0200 to request an affidavit to verity income if no tax return is available.